Friday, October 8, 2010

23: Thoughts to ponder: of us waiting for time to tell ...

Note: This is an opinion based thought.

What I have learned from gossips and speculations about ms. Webb

1st person: ... she’s you know.
2nd person: ... is she?
3rd person: ... omg! She is?
1st person: ... yep she is, according to ... ; and I think she is.
4th person to 3rd person: what did 1st person say?
3rd person to 4th person: she’s you know... *adds story for extra flavor*
4th person to ∞ person: ay talaga? *speculates* + *investigates*
Personality/celebrity involve: *clueless*
Personalities, celebrities are living in microscopic world. Their life is devoured by people 24/7, their actions are being guarded by people and eventually use what they have seen, heard, and observed. What they have gathered can be used for good or bad purposes. Basically, anyone who makes a living in front of the camera can be the target of speculations, gossip, or whatever-you-may-call-it. :P

Our very own ms. Pinky Webb of course is not exempted to that. In fact, the past few weeks she and Edu [Manzano] was on entertainment page, saying that they got married in US. However, it was addressed by both them that they did not get married (check the 2010 news archive for reference :p). 

Few days after, there’s a story going around the forums (good grief this is what you get when you do your research!) which was surprising and shocking.


People who had visited that thread had jumped in the bandwagon and started talking about it. I, on the other hand, had just ignored it AT FIRST. However, while I was watching her on TV Patrol my mom had suddenly blurted out the question “Is she pregnant?” I was taken by surprise on that question that I snorted on my coke--drowning me. Snorting coke is no fun, btw. Ang sakit!

I was disturbed. How many people had asked this? How many people had already started talking about this? I got curious so I went back to the thread and started joining the “guessing game”. Actually, it was funny. The whole thing is funny because days after, people in that thread were observing her. I’m guilty of that too, by the way. You see, every time I see her on television I get distracted that instead of focusing on the news I was focused on how ms. Pinky looked like. What was more disturbing was that *speculation* was circulating. Someone even asked Ogie Diaz on his Twitter, which he responded with humor.

However, I stopped joining the “investigation” right after a fellow Webb fan told me that she was going through my comments. I also went back to my comments re-reading them and realized how ridiculous I sounded. Her comment was like a cold shower on my back. I was filled with guilt and shame that I ended up smacking my forehead. *sigh* If only I could erase my comments.

I also went back to my comments re-reading them 
and realized how ridiculous I sounded. 
Her comment was like a cold shower on my back

One of the fans here and I were chatting and he told me that it’s best to wait for time to tell. I also thought the same way, besides something as being that cannot be hidden forever. When I am being asked if she's you-know, I started blaming the camera (they were using a widescreen camera according to the tour guide when we went in ABSCSBN, that’s how I remembered it) or the dress that made her look like that. It was easier that way since I no longer don’t want to be *curious* and ask around.  I’m a curious and curiouser! ;)

Furthermore, one of the things that also got me is when a fan left a message in her fanpage saying that she would only believe her. When I saw that comment it hit me because I thought that’s how I should be doing as well. But what I was doing was speculating too that might be damaging on her image/career.  

I eradicated the idea when Reproductive bill was their topic in her radio show (with Ted), because he asked her how many kids she wanted and she said that it hasn’t crossed her mind yet; that she’s too young for that. And so there goes the answer to everyone’s question. :P

Anyway most of us are crazy about her having “a happily ever after” and probably even crazy about the thought of seeing few miniature version of Pinky Webb and (probably) little Edu Manzano playing around. But they know what they are doing, they know how they should live their life – she knows how her story would go and we are only the spectators/audience. And being like audience of her life story, shouldn’t we just sit back, enjoy the pop-corn and see how her story ends?

This does not only fall in the married and pregnant thing but also to the future issues that will involve her.  To say, it’s okay to join those kind of bandwagon but ask yourself if what you are doing can be helpfull or not. Will what you are doing affect Pinky Webb’s career – for the worst? Will a particular story ruin her credibility? Of course as a fan you don’t want to be a part of those people who wants her ruined. 

...[o]r will you wait for time to tell 
and only believe in her?
 
Rumors, allegations, speculations, or whatever-you-may-call-it will never stop. It will not stop now and not in the future. But I wonder what if a certain issue comes and features her what will you do? Join the bandwagon and stir the story? Will you whisper what you read/heard to titillate others? Or will you—like the other fan told me—wait for time to tell and—like the other one said—only believe in her?

Think about it.

Have thoughts, opinions to share about Pinky Webb? Email us!
Written date: September 30, 2010 (by: someone) || proofread: October 2010 (mod)

No comments:

Post a Comment