Tuesday, October 19, 2010

49: Special post: Going back 6 years ago III

Continuation from this post

After everything was opened it seemed great things had followed: His show was doing great, she was getting a good breaks, and they were also engaged too.  Life was good for them. 

“It [wedding] need not be
big but it has to be meaningful,”


“.. maybe I was doing something right ...



2009 came. Seriously, Edu was so popular that year I wasn't surprised that he was getting numerous offers to run to public office. But baaah, I was also busy minding my thesis during those times. I am hardly updated with the news; but what I am sure of is that: I know he was one of the top celebrities because he was doing a great job as OMB Chairman and as a host. But when the news came that he's running for Vice President, everyone was surprised. Everyone did not see that coming.

So, yeah he's running for Vice-President. It caused a stir... until things had turned into a different route for him and for Pinky. There was a lot of stories going around (when I was running my news crawler, I got a lot of result for this). Until Edu had confirmed that they have separated in his interview with Karen Davila (here).


“She was hurt because we were friends 
and partners, and I made the public 
announcement of my candidacy without
 first consulting with her.” 


I can still clearly remember that interview he had with Karen. I was shaking my head and telling myself "sayang, they were a good couple." But things ended between them, maybe there's something much better stored for them. Anyway, when I was compiling the articles and links that my news crawler had gave me, I came across this part that was saddening:

The decision to run for vice president has cost him his five-year romance with broadcast journalist Pinky Webb. His eyes well up when he talks about their breakup, then he uses a starched white table napkin to keep the tears
from falling.


“I chose patriotism over love”

Months after they had broken up they both moved on from the situation. And months passed when Pinky had allowed Ted [Failon] to ask her three question about the relationship

Ted asked her: 
  1. If she's ready to fall in love again. 
  2. Panay ba ang tawag?
  3. Wala na bang asang magkabalikan pa?
Her answer:
  1. PMA. Pahinga muna, anak. Pagkatapos mo ng magpahinga [tsaka ka magpaligaw]. Kailangan buuin mo muna ang puso mo ulit.
  2. Hindi
  3. Who knows what will happen in the future. Ikaw ba masasabi mo ang nangyayari sa buhay mo in 2 months, 3 months, 1 year? Tsaka ugali ko yan. Hindi talaga ako nagsasalita ng tapos ever since. Hindi magandang magsalita ng tapos dahil hindi mo alam ang ibibigay ng Diyos

“Who knows what will happen in the future.
Hindi magandang magsalita ng tapos 
dahil hindi mo alam ang ibibigay ng Diyos”


He had been very quiet and not 
his usual self since the breakup.

Edu also said the same thing when he was asked if there are chances of getting back together. He said that they may or may not get back together

Next post: Winning Everything Back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment